Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tiease's Eye on the T-Bone steak & Dissecting a quality cut of Beef! 5/25/2012



Tiease's Valley of the Paper Divas
      
Tiease D. Deutsch
P. O. Box 5043            
Charlotte, N. C. 28299

Http://TieasePaperDivas.blogspot.com
Facebook.com/TieaseValleyofthePaperDivas
MySpace.com/PaperDollGalleria
Twitter.com/TieasePaperDivas
Http://TieasePaperDivas.slide.com
Fashiolista.com/style/Tiease
TieaseValleyofthePaperDivas@gmail.com
Look for me at Youtube.com/TieaseDDeutsch




Tiease's Eye on the T-Bone steak & Dissecting a quality cut of Beef!


My topic today is, "How to Cook a Well-Done T-Bone Steak & fundamental guide to understanding beef's portions.
   
 I will always love T-Bone Steak!

This Diva's favorite steak is the delicious mouth watering, T-Bone steak. There may be more popular cuts out there but when it comes to food I invoke my personal taste buds as supreme judge.I have my own methods of cooking my steak which is a family secret and alter ng to my mood for the day, but I will share some basic technique of how to cook T-bone steak for my Fashionista comrades in need of a heads-up! 

When it comes to preparing T-bone steak you have a few cooking choices. You can broil, fry grill , bake and pan-broiling. Cooking your T-bone on a rack that allows excess grease to drop to the bottom of the pan saves calories & broiling is a smart healthy way to prepare your T-bone.



The irony is that looking back into my childhood I cannot remember my beloved single-parent household mother ever preparing a T-Bone steak for me never-the-less I vividly recall her maticulously preparing T-Bones for her man, who she often treated aromatic T-Bones dinner frequently, and being the eldest of six children  I was automatically drafted to participate process of preparation & cooking of said steak. 

What a mercy that unlike my two sisters who were burning up in bitter jealousy at Mommy's boyfriend getting steak when we had to eat something less grand; I had no desire to devour Mommy's lover's meat-treat of T-Bone steak  feast.  In truth up until ladder twenties after emerging from a week-long coma brought on by blood poison I was indifferent concerning any sort of steak, regardless its cut or quality!


 I suppose this spared me my sister's coveting & anger at his having a steak dinner when they had none. Being the eldest of seven children I learned to prepare a wide variety of foods which I personally didn't care for myself, oddly stead never ignited any spark of desire within me.

 When Mommy once splurged on us children and purchased the e`clat choice cut of , " Fillet Mignon" I was decidedly under whelmed finding the texture of its flesh to be entirely to mushy & lacking affection of flavor absent of unique taste appeal. Well to each her/his own. 

Some people consider Fillet Mignon a delicacy, heartily gobbling it down at various pretentious gatherings & prestigious dinners where their hostess/host wishes to impress guest in attendance. I have no interest in any bland food which I do not find savory, well done with absolutely no bloody flesh & pleasant eat; that is my opinion and that is that!



Step 1  Remove your t-bone steak from the refrigerator and allow it to reach room temperature before cooking. Pat the steak dry to remove any moisture. Your steak should be about 1-inch thick. Lose Belly Fat Naturally 3 sneaky hormones that are making you fat & how to stop them now. 


Step 2 Set the oven to broil and allow it to preheat for five to 10 minutes.


Step 3  Season according to your taste if desired. For example, you might want to add a few sliced onions, green peppers or mushrooms to cook with the steak or sprinkle the steak with black pepper. If you prefer to use salt to season your steak, do so after it has finished cooking to avoid the steak losing moisture.


Step 4  Place your t-bone steak on a broiling pan equipped with a rack to raise the steak above the drippings.


Step 5  Place the pan in the oven broiler. The pan should be about 3 to 4 inches away from the heat to allow a consistent cooking time for both the inside and outside of the steak. Cooking time is about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn the steak once while it is broiling. Use tongs when turning the meat to avoid piercing it.


Step 6  Test the steak with a meat thermometer. The temperature of a well-done steak should read 160 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Since the steak will continue to cook for a few minutes after you remove it from the oven, allow the steak to rest for a few minutes prior to your serving it.



Choice Beef cosseting fit for a Queen!




Video:
Cooking the perfect well done T-bone steak

 Url: http://youtu.be/hVsj3kmLV4c

 Tiease's Go-to reference:
Http://www.livestrong.com/article/430881-how-to-cook-a-t-bone-steak-well-done/#ixzz1vtjwIHf2 

 Tiease D. Deutsch   5/25/2012     
Creative Consultant, Author, Artist, R.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment